Special Educational Needs and Disability

Excellent support for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) enables these pupils to learn well and make rapid progress towards age-related expectations.Ofsted, March 2019

At Gordonbrock School, alongside quality first teaching and a broad and rich curriculum offer, we may provide additional and different provision in order to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Our Inclusion team will oversee the assessment and support of all school based interventions. The Deputy Head of Inclusion manages the Inclusion team and coordinates with the SENDCo to liaise with external professionals, ensuring appropriate support and interventions are implemented and reviewed.

All interventions and provisions provided are personalised in order to ensure highly differentiated curriculum support. Alongside this, we also use rigorous systems to monitor pupil progress, aid academic and personal achievement and remove any barriers to learning. Our staff follow tailored and continuous professional development programmes, in order to aid a structured whole school approach to learning.

We also run a wellbeing programme for staff. This programme helps us to develop and sustain a healthy and supportive working environment for both staff and children to work and learn in. In order to foster a culture of lifelong learning, curiosity and independent living skills in all of our learners, we may run alongside our universal curriculum.

Click here for key information about Admissions for pupils with SEND.

SEND Policy and Information Report

Concerns or Complaints regarding SEND Provision

In the first instance, parents’/carers’ complaints about the provision or organisation of SEND are dealt with through the procedures outlined in the school’s Concerns & Complaints Policy.

If the complainant remains concerned after following the local complaints procedure, he or she could ask the Department for Education’s School Complaints Unit to take up the matter.

If disagreements have not been resolved at the local level, under sections 496 and 497 of the Education Act 1996 complaints can be made to the Secretary of State for Education.

Skip to content