Children born between 1st September 2007 and 31st August 2008 will transfer to a secondary school in September 2019.
In the Autumn term of Year 6 parents and children should attend an information meeting at Gordonbrock, visit prospective secondary schools (daytime visits should be kept to a minimum), and make an online application to the Local Authority of their home borough (i.e. the borough where you live and pay council tax) at www.eadmissions.org.uk. Please click here for a Step by Step Guide for Making and Online Applications.
Parents can apply for up to six schools, which can be within Lewisham or any authority outside the borough. Schools must be ranked in order of preference (you should have previously checked your chosen schools admission criteria).
When applying online you will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your application and a reference number. You will also be able to make any changes to your application up until 31st October 2018.
- If a child qualifies for a place at more than one school, parents will receive ONE offer, which will be the highest possible offer on their preference list.
- Although applications can be made from 1st September 2018 to 31st October 2018 we recommend applications are made by the 19th October 2017.
- National offer day is 1st March 2019. Online applicants will get the result by email during the evening of 1st March 2019.
- Offers should be accepted online. You will need to log into your account to do this so it is important to keep a record of your user name and password.
- If you cannot apply online you should contact the admissions team on 020 8314 8282 for further details.
For more information about applying to start secondary school please use the links below:
- Important Dates
- Deciding which Secondary Schools to Apply For
- Check Schools Admissions Criteria
- Visiting Schools
- How To Make An Application
- Will You Need To Submit A Supplementary Information Form
If you need help completing the eadmissions application form, you can drop in on:
- Monday 15th October – 1.30 pm – 3.00 pm
- Tuesday 16th October – 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
Please contact the school office to arrange a time slot. Tel: 020 8690 0704.
Alternatively please visit Lewisham Councils’ Website.
Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Most children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities can get the support they need at local mainstream schools.
If your child has a statement of special educational needs or education, health and care plan you need to follow a different process when applying for a secondary school place. For more information please click here.
For more information and advice on or to speak to a member of Admissions team please contact the Admissions and Appeals team on 0208 314 8282 (Monday – Friday 9am – 12 noon) or email email@example.com.