Parent Feedback Survey
In our parent questionnaire, we asked you to name 3 strengths of the school and any areas for development. These were your top 3 responses, with some of the aspects you particularly liked; the figures in brackets show the % of respondents commenting on each area:
results coming soon
1. The Staff: Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Learning Support Assistants are brilliant; staff are supportive and friendly; staff have fantastic knowledge of the children & their strengths, needs & next steps; school is child-centred; pastoral care is excellent. 100%
2. Inclusive, safe and happy community:children feel safe & happy in a friendly & caring community; senior leaders are welcoming; children love learning & coming to school; children feel proud of their learning & their school. 96%
3. The Curriculum: creativity, depth of understanding and engagement are strengths; excellent visits and visitors, art, music, display, open mornings/reading mornings/dads’ breakfasts/parent workshops/assemblies/events; good extra-curricular clubs; a calm, purposeful, creative atmosphere for learning. 91%
Areas for Development
1. Parents/carers need more notice of upcoming school events. 28%
2. Online payment systems. 10%
3. General Communication. 5% said school doesn’t communicate with parents enough, 5% said school communicates too much.
1. The Staff: Brilliant/Excellent teachers, supportive, friendly staff, child-centred, excellent pastoral care 94%
2. The Curriculum: creativity, understanding and engagement, visits and visitors, art, music, display, parent workshops/assemblies/events, extra-curricular clubs, calm, purposeful, creative atmosphere for learning 97%
3. Inclusive, diverse community: children feel safe, happy and proud of their learning 57%
Areas for Development
1. FOG: better attendance needed, class representatives needed, PTA needed 6%
2. Allocated SLT member for FOG 4%
3. School Meals 4%
The Staff: Great teachers, friendly, caring, helpful (including support staff & office staff) who understand and support individual children's needs 100%
The Community: Community feel, positive atmosphere and spirit, happy and caring children, friendly parents, relationships between children and staff, diversity in the community 80%
The Curriculum: Creative curriculum and approaches to teaching: trips, visitors, art, drama, sport, music, assemblies, school journeys, Parent Involvement & Events, - food fiesta, open mornings, fairs, fruit and cake day, reading mornings, workshops, differences week, good outreach to parents 70%
Environment for Learning: Classrooms, outdoor spaces, art, display, buildings, playgrounds 40%
Ofsted Parent View Questionnaire
Parent View is an online questionnaire that gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school, from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. The survey can be completed at any time; you don’t have to wait until the school is being inspected.
Parents are asked to indicate whether they strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree or don’t know in response to 11 short statements. Question 12 asks whether they would recommend the school to other parents.
If a parent updates their responses for a school more than once in an academic year, the previous results will be overwritten so that only one ‘view’ for each parent, per school, is held.
Click here to give your view on Gordonbrock Primary School.
Results of the questionnaire can be viewed here.